Presenting the Prospectus for the 2018 DeSoto Art League Show
- The DeSoto Art League Annual Art Show is open to all artists.
- Location: The DeSoto City Hall Atrium, 211 E. Pleasant Run Road, DeSoto, TX 75115
- Entries will be accepted in 7 categories: Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor, Dry Media (pastel, graphite, etc.), Mixed Media, 3-Dimensional, Photography/Digital and all categories in Student works.
- All picture art must be supplied with wire hangers, no bracket hangers. Canvas paintings must have conforming painted edges or be framed. 3-D art must be displayable in our display case or be wall hangable with your supplied wire. Maximum painting dimension is 60 inches.
- The judge will assign awards in each category. All categories are eligible for the Best of Show award. All the judges’ decisions are final. Awards will be determined by the number of entries in each category.
The Judge is Professor Betsy Belcher
I am devoted to the idea that abstraction is the authentic outcome of making art. I examine edges, boundaries, gravity, magnetism, surface, tactility, trying to find the accumulation of observations that constitutes an image.
For the past five years, I have found work curating art exhibitions, doing the administrative and practical work of running academic art galleries. I served as an interim manager at the University of Dallas’s Beatrice M. Haggerty Art Gallery, in Irving, and currently as the first full-time Art Gallery Director for Cedar Valley College. At Cedar Valley College, I select the exhibitors, the artwork and design all the exhibitions for both the larger Educational Art Gallery and also for a smaller exhibition space that focuses on fine art printmaking
- The submitted artwork shall not have been previously entered in a DAL show (mini-show entries are the exception). Art must be acceptable for family viewing (no nudes or sexually explicit work).
- Entry drop off is May 17th, noon to 5:00 pm and May 18th, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, 2018. No entries will be accepted after 5:00 pm, May 18.
- The Show will be exhibited in the DeSoto City Hall Atrium from May 22nd to July 26, 2018. No artwork may be picked up early without permission.
- Artwork must be picked up on July 27, 2018 between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm. There are no storage facilities for unclaimed artwork.
- A Reception and Awards presentation will be held May 24th at the DeSoto City Atrium from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Fees: Non-members of DAL pay $10 per each piece of artwork. Members pay $5.00 per each piece of artwork ($3.00 for student members).. Artists may enter up to 4 pieces of artwork.
- Sales: A gift of 20% of the proceeds from any sales at the show will be made to the DeSoto Art League. Artwork should be priced accordingly.
- Responsibility: The DeSoto Art League and the City of DeSoto will not assume any responsibility for the loss or damage to any piece of artwork. Paying entry fees and submitting artwork indicates the artist has read and fully understands the terms, conditions and date requirements of this prospectus. Desoto Art League is a 501(c)3 organization.
Questions: Call, Email or Text
Walt Hackfeld, Show Director
· Place I.D. tags in on the BACK- MIDDLE of your art panel or the BOTTOM of 3D artworks containing:
Your name, address, phone (we prefer mobile), email, what is the medium of this artwork, sell price (or NFS), insurance value $.
Submitted by Richard Sims. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org