The Public Art Program of the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs requests the submission of qualifications from artists or artist teams to design, fabricate and install a work of public art at the Pleasant Oaks Recreation Center (PORC), 8701 Greenmound Ave, Dallas, TX 75227.
Pleasant Oaks Recreation Center is located in the heart of Southeast Dallas in the Pleasant Grove community and is the only recreation center with an official indoor soccer gymnasium. It has multiple athletic fields, a tennis court, a newly renovated playground, large picnic area with shade trees, walking trail, and a large pool open during the summer.
SCOPE OF PUBLIC ART PROJECT
The natural beauty of the environment surrounding Pleasant Oaks Recreation Center is the most noted feature identified by community members. There are lots of spectacular trees and the Recreation Center is widely used by community members.
- Artwork should reference and celebrate the area’s natural environment
- Artwork must be visible in the landscape
- Artwork must welcome visitors to the recreation center
- Artwork should reference the area’s history, it’s diversity and family life
- Artwork must require little maintenance for the expected lifespan of 20 years
- Be free of safety hazards.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 27, 2018
Questions? Please Contact
Drema Chavez, Public Art Coordinator