Entries Deadline: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 (10 PM)
Exhibition Dates: October 15-November 12, 2016
Download a PDF prospectus at http://www.bathhousemedia.com
The Bath House Cultural Center will present the 30th Annual Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) art exhibition, October 15-November 12, 2016. This show features local, regional, and international artists working in traditional and contemporary styles to celebrate, explore, and honor people, things and ideas that have “passed on.”
The theme for this year is A TRIBUTE TO ARTISTS.
In 2016, the Bath House Cultural Center will be commemorating 35 years of creating and presenting visual and performing art programs. This year also marks the 30th Annivesary of the center’s annual Día de los Muertos exhibition. To celebrate these significant milestones, we are requesting art entries that honor artists of all disciplines (visual, theater, music, literary, etc.). The “Día de los Muertos: Long Live the Artists” exhibition will give artists a chance to create artwork that pays tribute to famous and yet-to-be-famous artists who have passed on, whose legacy and inspiration still resonates vividly in the artistic community and in the heart of the artists creating the pieces for the show.
To submit your entries, visit https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=3724 FREE to enter.
- Entries Deadline: Tuesday, September 20, 2016
- Selection notification: The list of selected artists will be posted on the Bath House Cultural Center’s online News Center a thttp://www.bathhousemedia.com/
- The document will be available after 6 PM on Friday, September 23, 2016. Artists are solely responsible for reviewing this list. The curator will not send notifications to each individual artist by phone, e-mail, or otherwise.
- Delivery of accepted artwork: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 (4-7 PM) – Late deliveries will not be accepted. Curator will determine dates for altar deliveries and installations.
- Show dates: October 15-November 12, 2016
- Reception: Sunday, Oct. 16, 2016 (5-7 PM)
- Artwork pickup: Tue. Nov. 15, 2016 (3-7 PM)