Biennial: Origins in Geometry
Deadline for submissions: April 15, 2017
Exhibition Dates: July 28 — October 22, 201
Biennial: Origins in Geometry is a juried competition to recognize excellence in emerging visual artists deriving inspiration from geometric abstraction. Artists who are selected as finalists will be featured in an exhibit at the Museum July 28 through October 22, included in a catalog with other finalists, receive exposure on the museum website, and have the opportunity to win cash awards for their exemplary work.
The Museum of Geometric and MADI Art opened in February 2003. The Museum concentrates on modern and contemporary geometric, constructivist and kinetic art work. It is also the first museum with a concentration on MADI art, which is always non-representational, hard-edged, and comes out of the frame. http://www.geometricmadimuseum.org/
AWARDS: A total of $3000 will be awarded as follows: Best of Show – $1,500; Second Place – $1000; and Third Place – $500.
Prospectus: 2017 Biennial rules & entry form
– The competition is open to all artists working in all mediums.
– Any work of art is acceptable as long as it:
- Incorporates geometric elements either as the basis for exploration, the underlying structure or within the finished work
- Has been made within the last two years
FEES: There is a $50 entry fee, which includes entry for 3 pieces, and a one year membership in the Museum. Multiple images may be submitted for one piece.
Deadlines / Calendar:
- Applicant Submission Deadline: April 15, 2017, 2017
- Applicant Notifications Sent: June 1, 2017
- Participants’ Art @ the MADI by July 10, 2017
- Exhibition Dates: July 28 – October 22, 2017
- Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony: Friday, July 28, 2017, 6 – 8pm