Arlington Visual Arts Association announces its 37th Annual Regional Juried Art Exhibit to be held February 8 – March 23, 2013 at the Bob Duncan Center at Vandergriff Park in Arlington. Original creations on paper, canvas and three dimensions are invited. Entries must be hand delivered to the Bob Duncan Center on Monday, February 4, 4 to 9 pm. Approximately $2500 in cash and merchandise is awarded to winning entries. Award winners in this exhibit will have their work displayed at the Arlington Museum of Art during the month of April.
See the AVAA website for entry details: www.arlingtonvisualarts.com
Exhibit Categories (entry purposes only)
1. Works on paper including photography
2. Works on canvas
3. 3-dimensional works: sculpture, hand/wheeled pottery, jewelry, mixed media wall hangings. * Exhibitors must be 18 years of age or older. Accepted works must be left for the duration of the exhibit.
Entry Fees: (all entry fees are non-refundable) AVAA Members $12 per entry or $30 for three. Non-members $15 per entry or $35 for three.
Approximately $2500 -$3000 in awards will be given, including gift certificates and merchandise. Prizewinning artwork from this show will be exhibited at the Arlington Museum of Art during April and May.
Juried Exhibit Calendar
- Monday, February 4, 4 to 9 pm Receiving Day: All entries must be hand delivered to the Bob Duncan Center. Fees paid by cash or check.
- Friday, February 15 7:00 – 9:00 pm Exhibit Awards and Reception
- Saturday, March 23 10 am – Noon Pick-up Art from Show except award-winning art that will go to the Arlington Museum of Art.