The City of Frisco seeks original, 2-Dimensional artworks by artists from Frisco and the surrounding area for the 19th installment of Art in the Atrium. Art in the Atrium 19 will showcase artistic excellence in the region, encourage public dialogue, understanding and enjoyment of visual art, and promote the City’s cultural initiatives.
Art in the Atrium 19 is scheduled for Monday, September 30,
Apply through CaFE – free submission
ELIGIBILITY and SUBMISSION
- All artworks must be original and not infringe on the copyrighted content of any other party.
- Artists may submit up to three (3) images of original artwork, available for loan Wednesday, September 25, 2019 through Monday, March 23, 2020. Exhibited works will be selected by the Public Art Board based on the criteria listed below. Not all submitted artworks may be chosen for the exhibition.
- All artworks must have been created within the past 2 years.
- All artworks must be framed and suitable for hanging with wire securely attached when dropped off on Wednesday, September 25, 2019. Unframed canvases with wire securely attached are acceptable, but must have finished edges.
- No 3-Dimensional artworks will be considered.
- Photographs submitted must be printed on quality paper at a resolution of at least 300 dpi.
- The maximum artwork size is 60 inches (vertical) x 60 inches (horizontal).
- Submissions will be accepted only through www.callforentry.org. Interested artists must submit the following items on or before Wednesday, August 21, 2019.
- Current contact information
- An artist statement describing your overall vision and working process
- No more than three (3) digital images of artwork following the image format requirements listed below
EXHIBITION LOCATIONS and LIMITATIONS
Placement of artwork is at the sole discretion of the Public Art Board and the Public Art Coordinator and will be limited to the following areas inside the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center. Artists may not request that their artworks be moved to another location.
- First Floor: Atrium Lobby
- Second Floor: Atrium and Stairwell
- Third Floor: Atrium and Stairwell
- Fourth Floor: Atrium and Stairwell
- Fifth Floor: Commons Area
SCHEDULE (Subject to Change)
- Thursday, August 8, 2019: The deadline for accepting Questions for Art in the Atrium 19. All questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, August 21, 2019: The deadline for accepting submissions to Art in the Atrium 19
- First week of September 2019: Selection process and notification to artists
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019 – 10 am to 2 pm, and 4 to 8 pm: Artists drop off selected artwork, framed and ready to hang, and original signed loan agreement at the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center (6101 Frisco Square Blvd., Frisco, TX 75034), 1st floor Executive Conference Room (Rm C130). Artists are encouraged to keep a copy of the signed agreement for their records. NOTE: This is the only day artwork will be accepted. Shipping artworks to the location is not permitted. If the artist cannot deliver it, please make arrangements for delivery of the artwork by someone else.
- Monday, September 30, 2019: Exhibition opens
- Monday, October 7, 2019 – 6:30 to 8 pm: Artist Reception
- Friday, March 20, 2020: Exhibition closes
- Monday, March 23, 2020 – 10 am to 2 pm, and 4 to 8 pm: Artists pick up artwork at the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center (6101 Frisco Square Blvd., Frisco, TX 75034), 1st floor Executive Conference Room (Rm C130). NOTE: This is the only day artwork can be picked up. If the artist cannot retrieve it, please make arrangements for artwork pick up by someone else.