2019 Call for Entries,
AVAA, Arlington Visual Art Association
43rd Annual Regional Juried Art Exhibit
See the AVAA Website at www.Arlingtonvisualarts.com.
February 4th – April 8th
Reception, February 22nd, 2019 from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Bob Duncan Community Center Art Room, 2800 South Center Street, Arlington, Texas 76014 817-465-6661
AVAA is dedicated to the concept that the creation and enjoyment of art is an outlet for individuals. We hope to create an atmosphere where the exchange of ideas and techniques can occur between individuals and enhance those abilities for the individual and the community both.
Please check the show dates and be sure that a piece you enter into the AVAA show has not been entered in another show whose dates conflict with our dates. Artwork selected for the AVAA Show is expected to hang throughout the entire exhibition.
Not all entries can be accepted into this show due to limited exhibit space. The Juror’s charge is to select a varied show which includes a variety of media, art styles and subject matter. Artists may exclude their work from being considered for an award if they wish.
- Works on paper or mounted on sub-straight
- Photography including work on canvas, glass or metal
- Works on Canvas, excluding Photography
- 3-dimensional works: sculpture, hand-wheeled pottery, jewelry, mixed media
* Exhibitors must be 18 years of age or older
Again, accepted works must be left for the duration of the exhibit.
Entry Fees: (all fees are non-refundable)
$10.00 per entry with a limit of three (3) entries.
Memberships (Individual): $25.00
Family/Husband & Wife: $25.00+$10.00 or $35.00
Art Receiving Day: Intake Day
Monday, February 4th, from 4:00 to 9:00 p.m.
All entries must be hand delivered to the Bob Duncan Center.
Fees paid by cash or check
Entry fees must be paid upon entry. For further information, call
Kathy Kline, 817-692-5987
Ann Webb, 281-705-7033
Approximately $3,000.00 will be awarded. The judge will determine
who will be in the show and who the Award Winners will be.
Awards are limited to one per artist.
Art Juried &th exhibit hung:
Tuesday, February 5th
Exhibit Awards and Reception:
Thursday, February 22nd, 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
View art in the Center’s Art Room 6-7:00 p.m.
Pick-up of Art Not In the Exhibit:
Art not in the exhibit may be picked up after the show on February 6th.
All work not in the exhibit can be picked up from the locked dressing
room at the Bob Duncan Center. Kathy Kline will be there February 15th & 16th
to help you receive your work.
All work must be picked up by February 22nd. There is no long term storage
Monday, April 8th
* Any work that has not previously been entered & accepted in a previous
AVAA Juried Exhibition.
* Only original work is acceptable. Original work is made from the artist’s own photographs,
plans, sketches, or imagination. No part may be copied from the work of another artist. No
work done under the supervision of an instructor or as a class exercise of the same subject is
acceptable. If the work is of a well-know scene, the artist may wish to tape his/her sketch
or photograph to the back of the work. Any work found to be a copy will be removed and
any awards rescinded.
* AVAA reserves the right to reject any entry. Works may be rejected for subject matter
or for framing deficiencies. Arlington Parks and Recreation Department policy prohibits the
display of any art work portraying nudity.
* All works on canvas and paper must be framed with sturdy frames and secure
* Works with saw tooth hanger of clips securing canvases will be disqualified.
* Works on canvass with gallery wrapped finished edges are acceptable without frames.
* Paint must be completely dry.
* Art work must not exceed 48″x48″ including frame and must weigh less
than 50 pounds.
* All work on paper must be framed under Plexigal. (No glass is acceptable)
Works not covered may be subject to damage.
* All 3-dimensional work must be be ready for display and not require assembly. If
works hang, they must have wire hangers attached and weight less than
* We are not able to exhibit Installations. Diptychs and Triptychs must be
attached, hang as one unit, and may not exceed size and weight limitations.
* Work not conforming to regulation will not be accepted/or disqualified.
All possible care will be taken in handling and displaying entries.
However, the artist must assume responsibility for damage or loss
of the art work. The artist further agrees to abide by the final decision
of the exhibit juror. A signed affidavit must accompany the entry(ies)
for them to be accepted.
The Entry Form must be filled out completely by the artist. Tape an Entry ID Label to the
back of each entry. Present your Entry Form, your entry fee and your art at the entry table.
You may put a price on your artwork or mark NFS (not for sale). Please price your work
to accommodate a 20% donation to AVAA if work sells. Artist contact information should
be attached to the back of all art.
Check to see that each entry
* is within required dimensions and weight
* is properly framed using Plexiglas. No glass will be accepted.
* is ready to hang using secure wire hangers
* has ID label attached to the back. All work should have your signature on the back
surface of the art with the artist’s contact name and phone number.
- Art Title_________________________________________________
- Art Title__________________________________________________
- Art Title_______________________________________________
I attest that the work I have entered is my own