In 2015 Irving Art Association celebrates its 60th Anniversary and holds its 60th annual membership competition!
It’s a special time so we are marking the occasion by offering a Challenge Award to our members entering artwork based on the theme of the 60th anniversary. Artwork may relate to the number 60 or any aspect of the association – activities, receptions, grounds, building, history, etc. All challenge artwork will be included in the annual IAA Winners Exhibit traveling to the Irving Arts Center after the exhibition at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts.
Juror will be Paula Nemec, BFA , who consults and teaches creativity through painting and design. Her media are aquamedia, printmaking and sculpture.
A quick summary for 2015:
- Must be a current IAA member. To check your status, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To join or renew, click here.
- All entries must be original and completed within the last two years.
- SPECIAL CHALLENGE AWARD:
All types of subjects are accepted into the show, but all artists are requested to enter at least one artwork illustrating the theme of IAA’s 60th Anniversary for the Special Challenge Award. Challenge contenders will also be judged within the media categories and will be invited to participate in the IAA Winners Exhibit traveling to the Irving Arts Center in July.
- Categories: Oil Painting; Water Media; Mixed Media/Misc.; Dry Media; Photography. Supports: canvas, panel, paper, or yupo.
- Artwork must not be smaller than 8” x 10” (artwork size) nor exceed 36” x 36” framed nor be heavier than 20 lbs.
- Artwork must be framed and wired. Plexiglas only for work over 16″x 20″ (exception pastels). No saw-tooth hangers. Wrap around canvas at least 1.5″ deep painted on all sides.
- Competition will be juried.
- Fee: $25 for 1-3 entries.
For information on entering, check the Rules as posted in the Prospectus: IAA2015MembersJuriedExhibitProspectus
ENTER BY MAIL OR ONLINE:
To enter by mail, fill out the form on the Prospectus, enclose your check for $25, and your images on a CD or DVD, and mail your entry to arrive before the deadline May 3. Address: Irving Art Association, PO Box 153581, Irving TX 75015-3581
To obtain Photo/Entry Assistance on April 26, contact email@example.com. $10 fee, plus $25 entry fee.
To submit your entry online and pay through PayPal ($25), go to the Registration Page.