CALL FOR ARTISTS!
NEED A BREAK FROM “CABIN (covid19) FEVER”?
GO OUT & PAINT!
PAINT HISTORIC WAXAHACHIE!
April 18 – May 10, 2020
OFFICIAL PAINTING PERIOD
MAY 16– MAY 23, 2020
UPDATED RULES & GUIDELINES as of 3/20/2020:
- Designated area for Pre-Paint is anywhere within Ellis County. The Bluebonnets should be in full bloom!
- Artists should select painting locations that are “isolated” and avoid contact with the public.
- Registered artists will be on the “honor system” for painting within the designated area beginning April 18 through May 10, 2020
- If ART on the Square is closed to the public – we will set up an “online” check in system – more information on that once we get it in place.
- For submission of your art – Date & time for accepting art to be determined based on social interaction conditions.
- Registered artists will check in on Friday or Saturday, May 15-16 & receive their Artist’s packet, and a list of designated painting locations.
- Entry fee – if not paid with online registration – must be paid upon check-in – cash, check or credit card accepted.
- Artists must paint within Waxahachie city limits. No exceptions.
- Artists are encouraged to submit art every day including art created during Pre-Paint.
- Deadline to submit art – Noon, May 22, 2020 – judging for awards 2pm-4pm.
- Preview Reception for Artists, volunteers & invited guests: 6 – 8pm May 22, 2020
Ellis County Art Association
ART on the Square
113 West Franklin St., Waxahachie, TX 75165