Oil Painting in the Alla Prima Style – with Chris Brandley
- Ages teen to adult
- 9:30am to 4:00pm (1-hour lunch break)
- July 28-29 (2-day workshop)
- Location – Elm Street Studio – Keller – 139 S. Elm St.
- $250.00 – Supplies required, see LIST
- This workshop will include step by step demonstrations, one on one individual easel time, and fun exercises to learn how to loosen up and create bold, colorful paintings. Chris uses the “Alla Prima” method of painting (working wet into wet) and will teach you how to layer with transparent and opaque oils, and how to keep your paints from getting muddy. She will show you how to take an ordinary photograph, and use artistic license to paint from the heart by infusing clean, bold color, loose brush strokes, and beautiful lighting. There will be an emphasis on color mixing, composition, brushwork, and more. Learn to see “Impressionistically,” and explore your ability to “suggest” rather than “render” the subject. Come prepared to have a relaxing, fun-filled learning experience. This class is for all levels of painting from beginners to advanced! It is designed to help you take your painting to the next level.
Submitted by Shelly. Email: Shelly@elmstreetstudiokeller.com