This unique workshop is for people who blog about food. Dallas Center for Photography has brought together three instructors who are experts in the art and business of blogging and who look forward to sharing their knowledge and insights with you.
Your very busy day will start with introductions followed by a presentation on turning your passion into a business by Coryanne Ettiene (@ettienemarket) including:
- What are bloggers/influencers really charging for photos?
- What are brands really buying from bloggers/influencers?
- What are editors looking for when they scout for photo content and when is the best time to pitch for new work?
- How to turn a paid content shoot into multiple content features to benefit your brand.
Next up is Rebecca White (@apleasantlittlekitchen) who will walk you through the way she preps and shoots dishes for her popular blog. She will help you develop a signature “thumbprint” to allow your food styling and photography to stand out amidst the saturation of food media. Rebecca will cover:
- Background selection
- Prop selection
- Story telling through ingredients, food prep and final recipe creation
- Food arrangement
- Styling food in a simplistic, natural way
Photographer Patrizia Montanari (@patriziamontanari) will work with Rebecca, sharing tips and ideas for getting the most out of the setting and lighting to create scroll-stopping photos.
Even lunch is an activity in this workshop. You’ll be provided with fresh local ingredients to build scrumptious and photogenic sandwiches. You’ll photograph and eat your creations while Patrizia and Rebecca demonstrate the basics of photographing food and working with natural light, from preparing to visualizing and styling and documenting each step:
- What makes a picture impactful and worth posting
- Using a DSLR and/or an iPhone to take pictures of your food
- Basics of food photography using a DSLR
- How to get the best out of available light
Then it’s time to set up your laptop, download your photos and spend a little time selecting and editing your best images. Patrizia will show how to edit your images with Lightroom or iPhone apps. Select images will be gathered for a closing image critique.
When: Sunday, October 2 9a-5p
Where: Ettiene Market in McKinney, TX
For more information and registration visit here: http://dallascenterforphotography.com/classes-and-workshops/art-business-food-blogging/