This Fall the Irving Art Association is starting a Children’s Art Program for children ages 7 – 13 years of age. The age groups are broken down into two groups; 7-10 years of age and 11-13 years of age.
The programs are scheduled for fall 2017 and spring 2018. We have designed art projects that incorporate the basic art principles of design, color, and composition into creative interactive fun.
For more information, contact Michele Quarton at email@example.com.
The art classes are held at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, located at 1975 Puritan, Irving TX 75061 (the gallery of the Irving Art Association). Directions
REGISTER: click here
- Fee per class is $20
- Fall Program package for 3 classes is $55 ($5 discount)
- Spring Program package for 4 classes is $75 ($5 discount)
- Total IAA Children’s Program for Fall 2017 – Spring 2018 year is $130 ($10 discount)
Instructor for the program year is Sarah Murphy, artist and art teacher in the DFW district schools.
Fall Schedule for 7-10 year olds: Time 2 – 4 pm
- October 14th Saturday: Creating and designing Super Hero Trick or Treat Bags.
- November 11th Saturday: Leaf and vegetable print making, creating a tapestry wall hanging.
- December 9th Saturday: Design and create a three dimensional holiday ornament
Fall Schedule for 11- 13 year olds: Time 2 -4 pm
- October 15th Sunday: Create and design Halloween masks using the Mexican “Day of the Dead” theme.
- Novembers 18th Saturday: Introduction to Charcoal sketching and composition.
- December 10th Sunday: Design and instruct a three dimensional holiday card.