Fridays in September 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th : 7 PM – 9 PM
Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, 1975 Puritan Dr. Irving TX 75061
Sponsored by the Irving Art Association.
Welcome! We’ll have some fun each Friday learning how to make abstract art.
My name is Aidan: As a former school teacher and abstract artist, I’ll walk you through some key styles so you can make art which is expressive and imaginative! The goals of this class are:
– to have fun making abstract art
– to introduce you to the techniques of 4 styles of abstract art
– to learn from the artists before us and to familiarize yourself with these movements
– to activate your imagination so you will create outside class
1. Matisse’s Paper Cutouts: some basics on color and abstraction
2. Abstract Expressionism: a burst of color and movement
3. Picasso’s Cubist Drawing: abstraction from real objects
4. Basquiat’s Neo-Expressionism: no-limits painting abstract faces
– Acrylic paint (at least red, blue, yellow, black and white, but more is better)
– paint brushes, both small and bigger (at least a 2 inch brush)
– Construction paper
– Scissors and glue
– 9 by 12 Multi-media paper (3-4 per student)
– 16 by 20 stretched canvas (1 per student)
– Charcoal pencils
– Crayons (if possible)
– Oil Pastels
– Scratch paper
– Water cups
– paper towels
Instructor : Aidan Donahue
If you have any questions, email me at email@example.com.
I look forward to meeting you and creating art with you!
Online registration required or contact Michele.firstname.lastname@example.org.
RESERVATION REQUIRED – Please note that students may be required to wear a mask and have a temperature check before entering the classroom. Class limit of 10.
Cost: Instruction is FREE but a materials fee is required: $25 for IAA members; $35 for nonmembers. Pay through PayPal – bring to the first class if you haven’t paid through PayPal.
REGISTER (Age 17+)