All Dallas Center for Photography classes and workshops are held at 4756 Algiers Street, Dallas 75207. Register online at www.dallascenterforphotography.org.
Intermediate DSLR Workshop
Sunday, November 3: 9am-5pm
We’ll pick up where the beginner workshop left off and go deeper into important technical controls on your camera and then move into the creative aspects of photography including composition and lens choices.
- The light meter: understanding how your camera reads and measures light and how it can sometimes cause exposure problems.
- Exposure control: bracketing, exposure compensation and reading a histogram.
- Tricky exposures: how to get good exposures in tricky situations including backlight and high contrast settings.
- Support & stability: keeping your images sharp and vibration free through the proper use of tripods, monopods, stance, leaning & breathing.
- Dust & cleaning: when to worry about lens and sensor dust and how to get rid of it.
- Focal length and maximum aperture: deciphering the numbers on your lens.
- Lenses: creativity vs practicality (and cost!). How to select lenses as creative tools. A look at ultra wides, telephoto, zooms, primes, macro and some surprisingly affordable options.
- Sensor sizes: full frame vs. cropped sensor and what difference it makes to your photography and lens selections.
- Creative motion blur: using slow shutter speeds as a creative tool for both low light situations and to purposely blur movement.
- Composition: the architecture of a photograph, some rules and when to break them
- The art of photography: stepping beyond the elements of exposure and focus and thinking about color, gesture, timing and other creative aspects of photography.
This is a small group, hands-on workshop. In the afternoon we’ll shoot professional models under a variety of lighting conditions, some of them challenging, so you can test out your new skills and control. We’ll end the day with a live editing session of your images and a concluding slide show.Submitted by Dallas Center for Photography. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org