TWO FREE Folk Art Workshops at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, 1975 Puritan, Irving TX 75061. Both sessions are 7-9pm (doors open at 6:30pm) Directions.
To prepare for the call for folk art for the two exhibits Irving Art Association is presenting on March 27th, two of the Open Art Friday night sessions will be devoted to creating folk art:
- Canvas – any canvas, substrate or paper, between 8×10 and 20×24.
- Medium – acrylic, oil, watercolor, pastels – your choice.
- An easel if you need it.
- Container for water or odorless turpenoid if you need it.
- paint brushes or tools
- palette or a paper plate to use as a palette
- cloths or paper towels for clean up.
- BRING a photo inspiration – maybe your house or childhood home
Sharon Giles will be leading both sessions. (You don’t have to stick to the topics listed – select whatever subject you wish for your folk art.) Contact her at email@example.com if you have questions.
For more about the call for folk art, click here. (the exhibits are FREE to enter)