The accordion book is a simple book structure to learn, yet it has infinite possibilities for adaptation. The accordion can be a small intimate collection of photos or words, an interactive structure that surprises and delights, or a large sculptural piece to display images or ideas.
In this 2-day workshop, participants will see examples of many types of accordion books and make several of their own.
Participants will learn:
· The basics of creating an accordion book
· How to make a simple accordion pocket book
· How to create an accordion with a hard cover
· Image transfer techniques
· Pop-up techniques
· How to attach an accordion to an altered book
· The possibilities of other accordion-based book structures including flag books, tunnel books, and venetian blind books
Materials that we will supply:
· Book board
· Glue and brushes
· Basic papers
· Old books for altering
Supplies to bring with you:
· X-acto knife
· 18” metal cork-backed ruler
· Various papers – scrapbook paper, handmade paper, and cardstock
· Copies or laser prints for transfers (inkjet prints will not work for transfers)
· Personal items and photos for embellishment and collage
· Bone folder
· Ribbons, yarn, or string to use as ties
· Old book to alter
· Paint, colored pencils or other drawing media
· Sketchbook or journal for sketching ideas and brainstorming
Due to the space requirements, we can only have 12 people in this workshop. Spaces fill quickly! Please confirm availability and send your deposit to hold your space: Cost and payment:
The cost of the workshop is $185.00
A $100.00 non-refundable deposit holds your space.
Please register asap; these spaces fill up quickly!
Balance due: March 18th: $85.00
In the event of cancellation after the March 18th payment; $75 will be refunded only if someone from the waiting list is able to attend.
Non-payment of the $85.00 balance on or before March 18th could result in the loss of your space. A reminder will be sent for your payment.
Many thanks and so looking forward to having you here for this exciting workshop! Bonny