Rise to Art News DFW’s latest challenge to artists:
Americans perceive orange as a positive, cheerful color. It’s often the color of bountiful harvests in American realism, but at Halloween, it’s just spooky. In Ireland and the Ukraine, contemporary political movements associate the color orange with change. In Asia, orange is used to symbolize love.
SHOW US YOUR IDEAS
Submit an ORANGE CHALLENGE entry.
Tell us what you think about the color orange.
- How do you use orange: what is its purpose in your piece?
- Is orange a go-to color on your palette?
- What artists (or things) do you think of when you think of orange?
Enter by March 15th, 2015
Email your entry to: ArtNewsChallenge@gmail.com
Your entry will be posted on Art News DFW and our Facebook Group and Page. Voting is by social sharing buttons. The most popular images will be honored with an announcement. All art is copyright the artist.
- One image (we’ll post a smallish size, but you can send what you have)
- Tell us what you think about the color orange
- The title, size, and medium
- Your web address, and your thoughts on the challenge subject.
Enter by March 15th.