2015 14th Annual Wildlife & Domestic Animal Juried Art Competition
AUGUST 30 – SEPTEMBER 24, 2015
Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, Irving TX
2015 marks the fourteenth year Irving Art Association has held a special competition on wildlife and/or domestic animal art.
Any animal species will be considered as acceptable subject matter for works, both wildlife and domestic. This national show is open to all legal residents of the U.S. in the contiguous 48 states, 18 and older. Juror is Helen Bailey. All work must be original — see the prospectus for details. Limit of three entries.
Media: Oil Painting, Water Media, Dry Media (pastel etc.), Mixed media/misc. (including printmaking), and Photography. Supports: canvas, paper, panel or yupo.
ENTRY DEADLINE Saturday, August 1, 2015 until midnight
To enter, pay the entry fee, fill out the online form and email your images to email@example.com. Entry information: http://irvingartassociation.org/exhibits/animal-art-show/
For questions, contact the Show Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, August 1, 2015 midnight Entry DEADLINE
- Aug. 10 Notification of acceptance by email
- Aug. 24 – 28 Shipped entries due (Mon. – Fri.)
- Saturday, August 29 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Hand delivered entries; Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, 1975 Puritan Dr., Irving TX 75062 Directions
- Sunday, August 30, 2015 Exhibit opens to public
- Sunday, September 13 2:00 – 4:00 pm Reception & Awards
- Friday, September 25 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Strike show & art pickup
- Sept. 28 – Dec. 5 Traveling Exhibit, West Irving Library, 4444 W. Rochelle, Irving TX 75062 (optional – for local artists only)
Juror: Helen Bailey
Helen Bailey has always been passionate about two things in her life – one is drawing and the other is horses.
When she found a talented teacher of colored pencil, it opened a whole new world of art to her. She studied with Linda Lucas Hardy for 5-1/2 years.
She has won prizes in McKinney, Irving, Grand Prairie, the State Fair of Texas, Keller, and Richardson, TX art shows.
She is a Signature Member of CPSA (Colored Pencil Society of America), AAEA (American Academy of Equine Artists), and IEA (International Equine Artists). She is also an Associate Member of WAOW (Women Artists of the West) and AWA (American Women Artists).
Her gallery: Imaging on the Square, McKinney TX
Her website: www.helenbaileyart.com