“Keep Looking Up” Juried Photography Show
May 5 – 31, 2014
Photographs have power to shift one’s perspective, often literally. “Keep Looking Up” is the theme for the Frisco Art Gallery’s exclusively photography show, May 5-31. When one looks up, what does one see? What or who moves upward? The interpretation of this theme is not limited to skyscapes or skyscrapers.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/call-for-photography-deadline-425-keep-looking-up-in-the-frisco-art-gallery/
Call for Artists for 27th September Competition
Exhibition Dates: September 5 – November 22, 2014
Postmarked Deadline: May 30, 2014
Eligibility: 18 years of age or older, original work, created in 2012 or later
Fees: $35 for two pieces; $20 for each additional entry
Prizes: $2,000 in cash prizes
Alexandria Museum of Art, 933 Second Street, Alexandria, LA 71301
Contact: Nancy Noles firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospectus online: http://www.themuseum.org/sites/default/files/27th_sept_comp_prospectus_-_2014.pdf
27th September Competition
September 5–November 22, 2014
Opening Reception & Award Ceremony: Friday, September 5, 6-8pm
The 27th September Competition presented by the Alexandria Museum of Art is an annual juried exhibition selected from national and international submissions highlighting contemporary art practices in all media, selected by celebrated New Orleans based artist, James Michalopoulos. Featuring original art created within the past two years, 50 artworks selected by the juror will be featured in a full-color catalogue and exhibition at Alexandria Museum of Art, along the Red River in the heart of central Louisiana September 5–November 22, 2014. Total cash awards of $2,000 allocated to juror-designated award winners will be presented on September 5.
Visual artists over age 18 working in all media, including but not limited to painting, drawing, photography, sculpture, digital art, video, textile art, and printmaking are invited to submit. All artworks MUST be original and completed in the last two years (2012 or later). $35 entry fee for 2 entries, $20 per additional entry.
James Michalopoulos is a celebrated New Orleans based artist. He is a contemporary of Julian Schnabel, David Salle, Eric Fischl and a school of painters that prevailed in the 1980s who glorified the representational image. He is an artist who refreshes the familiar with colors that dance vividly in and out of the canvas; he pushes and pulls the dimensions of the pigment in the same way that people move and breathe.
The Alexandria Museum of Art strives to preserve, exhibit and promote visual art in Central Louisiana that contributes to the quality of life of its residents and includes collecting and displaying Southern art and art influenced by Southern art, together with promoting art education. Alexandria Museum of Art (AMoA) serves over 12,000 people each year in our museum galleries, store and off-site programs. AMoA entices visitors of diverse tastes with over 5,000 square feet of exhibition space featuring rotating exhibitions of art from our permanent collection, traveling exhibitions from around the world, and exceptional contemporary artists. Prospectus is available online at http://www.themuseum.org/sites/default/files/27th_sept_comp_prospectus_-_2014.pdf . More information can be found at http://www.themuseum.org or by calling 318-443-3458.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/boundaries-international-call-for-artists/
12th Small Works Juried Art Show May 1 – 31
Rowlett Public Library, 2900 Main, Rowlett TX
Take in – Saturday, April 26, 10am – 12noon
Reception – Thursday, May 1, 6:30pm
Take down – Saturday, May 31, 10am – 12noon
Open to nonmembers. Artists may join A.R.T. at take in for reduced entry fees.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/artists-round-texas-small-works-show-deadline-april-26/
23rd Annual Juried Art Show Sale & Competition
July 29, 2014 through September 6,2014
Deadline for entry is June 3rd, 2014.
This Year’s Juror: Scott Meyers
See the prospectus for complete details on entering this year’s show on http://www.breckenridgefineart.org/Juried-Art-Show.html or send a SASE to Breckenridge Fine Arts Center (BFAC), 207 N. Breckenridge Ave., Breckenridge, TX 76424 or email: email@example.com for a prospectus. You may also email your entry using the required information from the prospectus and then emailing it to the fine arts center. Payment may be made by check or credit card. Call (254.559.6602) with credit card information or mail a check to the address above. Digital Images or images on a CD should be included with your entry. The fee per entry is $25.
207 N Breckenridge Ave., Breckenridge, TX 76424 254.559.6602 firstname.lastname@example.org www.breckenridgefineart.org
–from the BFAC website
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/breckenridge-2014-show-entries-due-june-3/
Call for Entries – JN Long Cultural Arts Center’s First Arts & Artisans Show and Sale
The first Arts & Artisans show and sale at the new JN Long Cultural Arts Complex will be May 10 – 31. Originals of artwork, photography, woodcarving, fiber arts, jewelry and ceramics may be entered. There are three categories – professional, adult, and youth 21 and younger.
“This is a people’s choice exhibit,” said Charlotte Lawson, show chair. “That means the people attending get to choose the winners.” Each person will be given a ballot and can vote for their favorite. Votes will be tallied and awards presented on June 1 from 2-4 at the artist reception and awards ceremony.
Entry fee is $10. Each person is limited to one entry. Entries will be accepted Friday and Saturday, May 2 and 3, from 10 am to 4 pm and Sunday, May 4, from 1-4 pm at the JN Long Cultural Arts Complex, 425 Granbury. Hanging work must be framed and wired or gallery wrapped ready for hanging, and no larger than 24” x 36”. Three dimensional work such as sculptures must be no larger than 36” x 36” x 36” and no heavier than one person can carry. Pedestals and cases are suggested.
“For items that sell, Cleburne Friends of the Cultural Arts will receive a 20% donation,” said Lawson. “If you want to enter something just for diplay, that is fine too. For sale and not for sale items may be entered.”
“Since the show will open on May 10, election day, and JN Long is a polling place, we’re encouraging everyone to vote twice – once in the City / School elections and then again in the People’s Choice Arts & Artisans Show and Sale,” said Lawson. “And no, please don’t misunderstand that you can vote twice in the City / School elections,” she laughed.
Alden Nellis, president of Cleburne Friends of the Cultural Arts, said “We want to make Cleburne and the JN Long Cultural Arts Complex a destination for arts communities. Many area photo and art shows have closed in the last few years. That leaves a void that we are eager to fill.” He continued “Also, we are proud as can be of our new facility at JN Long and want to show it off to everyone.”
The Call for Entries, Entry Form, and Entry Guidelines can be downloaded from http://www.cleburneculturalarts.com
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/cleburne-arts-artisans-show-entries-due-may-2-3/
Artist v Architect 2014 is now accepting for submissions from local DFW artists and architects until May 5. AvA is a collaborative event experience bringing two great art forms together for a great cause.
Inspired by the ingenuity of today’s artistic and design professionals, Artist v Architect (AvA) is a one-of-a-kind collaborative event experience serving as a platform to celebrate the creativity of the modern world of art and architecture. Featuring local artists and architects chosen by a panel of experts in the field of art and architecture, they creatively and collaboratively “duel” it out with their industry peers. All mediums of art, furniture and architectural models are featured.
During the live event and art auction, guests have the opportunity to bid on all of the created works. All proceeds from the auction are donated to a chosen charity beneficiary. (Big Thought – learn more at www.bigthought.org)
On the night, a public vote determines the favorite collaborative and individual art works created by the artists and architects. Artist v Architect is an evening paying tribute to the artistic process and journey showcasing how collaboration can inspire us all!
For more info please visit www.artistvsarchitect.com/submit.
Upload a portfolio of work that showcases you as an artist and/or architect. The portfolio may be of previous or current project work and must include a minimum of 6 art pieces or 2 case studies for our panel of experts to review. The portfolio should not reflect the “AvA Themes” but should reflect who you are as an artist and/or architect. Please include the following:
1) A cover page with your name, artistic profession & firm/company name (if applicable).
2) A bio
3) An artistic statement describing your style, philosophy or views on art, architecture, design etc (350 words or less)
4) Images and/or case studies of your work (minimum of 6 images or 2 case studies)
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 for the Artist v Architect Live Event + Art Auction at One Arts Plaza
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/artist-v-architect-2014-deadline-may-5/
d e e p e l l u m
c o m m u n i t y
a s s o c i a t i o n
Deep Ellum Community Association Announces TUNNELVISIONS 2014 Mural Tournament (see tunnelvisions flyer)
Dallas, TX – The Deep Ellum Community Association is proud to debut the inaugural TunnelVisions 2014 Mural Tournament at the Deep Ellum Village section of the Deep Ellum Arts Festival.
Throughout the weekend, 32 mural artists from across the city will paint 4×8 panels to be attached to a pop-up, walk-through tunnel structure, invoking memories of the TunnelVisions project on Good Latimer. Each artist has exactly 4 hours to paint. 6-8 artists will paint at a time. And it will be pressure-packed, high drama.
Finished boards are added to the tunnel and over the course of the weekend, the tunnel frame will be transformed into a huge, 12’ wide by 8 foot tall, 32’ deep Mural Tunnel. Artists paint every hour of the Festival until 3pm Sunday, when the last artists finish and judging begins.
Prizes include $1500 for 1st, $750 for second, $250 for third, and a People’s Choice Award. Winners will also receive a package including a night at the Omni Hotel, and Deep Ellum gift certificates.
This exciting project will also serve as the launch of the upcoming MADE (Mural Art Deep Ellum), initiative with major announcements coming soon. The finished boards will eventually be auctioned off, with proceeds benefiting MADE and the participating artists.
WHAT: TUNNELVISIONS Mural Tournament
WHERE: Deep Ellum Texas Village section at Deep Ellum Arts Festival. Tunnel is at corner of Crowdus and Elm St.
WHEN: April 4: 6pm – 10pm. April 5: 11am to 11pm. April 6: 11am to 4pm.
JUDGING: April 6: 3-4pm. Awards to Follow.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
About Deep Ellum Community Association (DECA)
The Deep Ellum Community Association is a volunteer community group representing anyone who lives in Deep Ellum, works or owns a business in Deep Ellum, owns property in Deep Ellum, or just loves Deep Ellum! We are dedicated to a Deep Ellum as a diverse, urban, sustainable walking neighborhood built upon a culture of independent creativity.
For more information on the Deep Ellum Community Association email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about other Deep Ellum community projects visit www.deepellutexas.com, follow us at www.facebook.com/deepellum, or call(214) 213-4193. ###
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/exhibits-events/tunnelvisions-2014-mural-tournament-in-deep-ellum/
Mid Cities Fine Artists Annual 2014 Open Judged Art Show
May 16, 17 & 18, 2014
Juror: Darla Bostick
ELIGIBILITY: Adult division is OPEN to ALL artists age 18 and older, professional, amateur, or beginner. (PLEASE read Requirement #1.) Youth divisions are for ages 5 through 17.
Location: Bring artwork, completed entry form & registration fee to:
(Tccd) Haltom City Northeast Center (Former Library) 3201 Friendly Drive Haltom City 76117
For additional information please call:
Carolyn Kilgo Weinman, 817-449-4495 Doris Mobley, 817-229-2767
FRIDAY, May 16, 2014
Registration 12:00 PM – 4:30 PM
SATURDAY, May 17, 2014
Registration 10:30 AM-12:00 Noon NO Late entries!
Open to Public 2:30 PM – 5:00 PM
SUNDAY, MAY 18, 2014
Reception & Awards 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Closing and Art Pick up 4:00 – 4:30 PM
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/mid-cities-fine-artists-open-judged-art-show-entries-due/
Paint Historic Waxahachie
Event Dates: June 2 – 8, 2014
Reception: June 7th 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Location: Waxahachie & the surrounding countryside
Check in: 501 West Main St.
Waxahachie TX 75165
Sponsored by Ellis County Art Association
Entry Fee: $60
Open to any artist using Plein Air technique in all fine art mediums. Click the links below for more information and to enter by main or online.
Easels in Ellis County! This 9th annual plein air event showcases the best landscape artists in Texas and surrounding states as they paint Waxahachie’s historic downtown and residential districts. Don’t miss out on the fun and friendly competition of the best plein air painting event in North Texas! Enter today!
ENTRY DEADLINE APRIL 30, 2014 – Limited to 50 artists. To be included in our “Collector’s Guide” souvenir program, we must have your entry by this date. Late registrations accepted 1st
come - 1st served.
Register before May 1st to paint the 5 weekends in May prior to Paint Out Week! Painters that register and pay online by April 30, will be eligible to paint in designated locations the weekends of May 3-4, 10-11, 17-18, in addition to Memorial Day weekend of May 24-26 and May 31 and June 1st. Each paint out location will be revealed along with instructions for check in by email 2 -3 days prior to each weekend.
CLICK HERE to view & download General Guidelines & Information
CLICK HERE to view & download Entry Form (for mail in entry)
CLICK HERE: to Enter Online
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/exhibits-events/paint-historic-waxahachie-call-for-artists/
Call for Artists
Requests for Proposals (RFP) for the
Frisco Public Library Children’s Program Room Public Art Installation
The Frisco Public Library is seeking an artist(s) to create site–specific original artwork as part of the Children’s Program Room. The Children’s Program Room is located on the second floor of the Frisco Public Library — 6101 Frisco Square Blvd., Frisco, TX. This opportunity is open to artists living in DFW. The application deadline is 5:00 p.m. April 18, 2014.
- A maximum of $200 for the artist(s) selected to realize his/her work.
- Canvas supplied by the library to complete the work.
- Art will be displayed in the Children’s Program Room from a minimum of June 1, 2014 to May 1, 2015.
The Youth Services Department of the Frisco Public Library holds over 700 programs attended by nearly 40,000 parents and children in the Children’s Program Room year-round. The library is looking to enhance the aesthetics and imaginative nature of the room by installing original, kid-friendly art that will spur children’s interest in space science.
This site-specific art work should:
- Demonstrate artistic excellence
- Be an original piece of art. Images or characters from existing children’s literature are not allowed.
- Concept should consist of multiple free-form images cut from canvas. All medias accepted except for photography. Pieces should be colorful – no black and white.
- Consider site limitations. Artwork should be able to be hung on program room walls. Artwork should not be able to be manipulated by patrons in the room.
- Create a signature presence for the room through the use of space science imagery. Astronauts, stars, galaxies, space vehicles, etc. Please avoid a classroom feel in the imagery.
- Images must appeal to children 2-3 years-old through 5th grade.
- Images should not be too detailed and should be large in nature.
- Artist is encouraged to incorporate text in some way, either through the use of the alphabet, literacy and space-related words, or labeling of objects in the art.
Information about the Site and Immediate Surroundings
The Children’s Program Room of the Frisco Public Library is located near the front entrance of the children’s library. Maximum occupancy of the room is 125 people and is circular. Room is approximately 30 feet in diameter with a ceiling height of nine feet. The room includes a projector with large screen staff uses during programs. Back of the room includes a red bench patrons sit on during programs, though many sit on the floor in the center. Room has four exits – two public exits into the library and two exits into staff workrooms. The entrance doors to the program room are red, doubled, and have six circular “porthole” windows in them for patrons to see in during a program. Walls of the room are light green with blue patterned carpeting to match the rest of the library building.
The Commissioned Artist(s) will work with the Frisco Public Library to create a site-specific, durable piece for this installation. The artwork for this site must reflect the Project Intent as described above. The Commissioned Artist(s) will be required to provide evidence of appropriate liability, property damage, and workers compensation insurance while working on the site. A W-9 form from the artist is required for payment.
How to Apply
Artists interested in this project must prepare and submit the following:
- Proposed Artwork Concept for the Children’s Program Room. This proposal shall include conceptual design drawings, sketches and/or maquettes, sufficient to communicate the artist concept.
- Email of Interest, no more than one page in length, which explains your interest in the competition. Please include your name and contact information and state the format of your sample submittal.
- Samples of your work. Artists applying as a team should submit work samples of each individual artist’s work. All work samples must be submitted in either of the two following formats:
- A minimum of eight digital images saved on one CD. The PAC will only accept JPEG file formats. All JPEGs must be sized at 250 dpi, 5”x7”. You must number and title each JPEG and include a description sheet with corresponding numbers. The sheet should list your name and the titles, dates, media, and dimensions of your work.
- Video(s) on a standard NTSC formatted DVD that plays in a DVD player. Video should be no more than fifteen minutes in length and each video on the DVD should be a single chapter. Clearly mark the outside of the DVD with your name and title(s) of the work(s).
Materials must be received by the Frisco Public Library by 5 pm on
April 18, 2014. Hand deliveries will be accepted.
PLEASE MAIL APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
Frisco Public Library Attn: Jennifer Cummings
6101 Frisco Square Blvd.
Frisco, TX 75034
SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
Final Artist Selection:
The Frisco Public Library will review the submittals and select an artist to create an original site-specific artwork. The final commission of artwork for the site will be awarded by May 1, 2014. This site-specific art needs to be installed at Frisco Public Library by June 2014.
Criteria for Selection:
- An initial proposal that reflects Project Intent as described in this document.
- Attached entry form. (Entry form provided on next page.)
- A body of work reflecting artistic excellence.
- Two references provided as part of this application which will be contacted prior to final
The selected artist will receive a Contract for the Commission in the amount of $200 which
must be sufficient for all remaining elements of the project. The Frisco Public Library is under no obligation to award a Commission for artwork based on the Conceptual Design Proposals submitted. Beyond formal notifications, the Frisco Public Library will not enter into any correspondence regarding their decision.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please call Jennifer Cummings at (972) 292-5638 or email her at: email@example.com.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/call-for-artists-frisco-library-childrens-program-room/
Oil Painters of America is accepting entries for our Western Regional Exhibition being held in Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA from Aug. 30 – Sept. 30, 2014. The entry deadline is Friday, April 25, 2014.
Approximately 9 awards will be given with a total value estimated at $11,500, including a $4,000 Best of Show. Juror of Awards is renowned artist Marilyn Simandle OPAM.
Western Exhibition entry fee: $30 for the first entry, $15 for the second. Maximum Size Unframed: 1200 square inches. For a prospectus, visit the website at http://www.oilpaintersofamerica.com/events/exhibitions.cfm
2014 Western Prospectus
To enter, artists must reside in the western region of the U.S., Canada or Mexico (TEXAS included) and be a current member of OPA at an annual fee of $60. OPA is currently accepting new member applications. For new member information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/opa-western-deadline-april-25/
Unique by Nature
Juried Art Competition and Show
Held in May, this juried art competition is coordinated by the McKinney Performing Arts Center (MPAC) and the Arts and Music Guild. Artwork should be hand delivered on April 19th between 9:30 am to 6 pm to the McKinney Performing Arts Center, at downtown McKinney TX
Sponsors include citizen leaders dedicated to the growth of the arts in McKinney. Substantial Purchase Prizes are awarded to outstanding works of art that then become part of the permanent art collection at MPAC.
Last year (2013), 63 artists from across North Texas submitted 105 works of art, of which 50 were juried into the exhibit, and 6 were purchased with prize money. Artists contributed an additional $300.00 toward a Young Artist Prize, which was awarded to a deserving high school art student whose work was juried into the show, and which exhibited artistic excellence.
Winners will be announced at the opening reception on May 3, 2014.
Please go to the website to view the prospectus for the juried show and general information about the Arts & Music Guild.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/arts-music-guild-juried-art-show/
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/four-days-left-to-enter-salvaged-show-in-frisco-art-gallery/
Join this plein air event just 20 minutes East of Dallas in Historic Terrell March 22-29, 2014. $800 total in awards. March 5 entry deadline for being included in the Paint Out literature.
www.netfaa.org Sponsored by the North East Texas Fine Art Alliance.
Reception & Awards Presentation, March 29 2:30-5pm at Terrell Heritage Museum
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/paint-historic-terrell-2014/
Call for Entry – 2D Artists
Amber Stratman Enid Wood Sonja Kever
Deadline: Sunday, April 27
OPEN THEME FOR 2D ARTISTS IN ANY MEDIUM WHO ARE OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE. Oil, acrylic, pastel, watercolor, drawing included; photography not included.
1ST PLACE: $500
2ND PLACE: $250
3RD PLACE: $125
3 HONORABLE MENTIONS: $50 EACH
ALL 6 AWARD WINNERS TO BE FEATURED FOR ONE YEAR IN AN ONLINE GALLERY THROUGH BASTROP FINE ARTS WEBSITE
For entry form and payment options go to:
SUBMISSION FEE: NON-REFUNDABLE $30 FOR 3 IMAGES
UP TO 2 EXTRA IMAGES FOR $10 EACH
PAYPAL PAYMENT MAY BE MADE USING THE PAYPAL LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE APPLICATION FORM.
CHECKS MAY BE MADE PAYABLE TO:
BASTROP FINE ARTS GUILD
815 WEST MAIN
BASTROP, TEXAS 78602
WE ACCEPT ONLY DIGITAL SUBMISSIONS. ALL IMAGES SHOULD BE PROVIDED AS:
- JPGS ONLY
- 72 DPI
- sRGB FILE
- IMAGE NOT TO EXCEED 1240 PIXELS ON THE LONGEST SIDE
- FILES SHOULD BE TITLED AS: LastName_FirstName_1Title.jpg
ARTISTS WILL BE NOTIFIED OF ACCEPTED WORK VIA E-MAIL APPROXIMATELY ONE WEEK AFTER DEADLINE.
THE 6 WINNING IMAGES WILL BE ON DISPLAY IN OUR ONLINE ANNEX FOR ONE YEAR AT THE BASTROP FINE ARTS GUILD
ARTISTS RETAIN FULL RIGHTS TO THEIR WORK. BASTROP FINE ARTS GUILD REQUESTS USE OF ACCEPTED IMAGES FOR THE
PURPOSE OF MARKETING AND DISPLAY AS THUMBNAILS ON THE GUILD’S WEBSITE ONLINE ANNEX. ARTIST CONTACT
INFORMATION WILL BE PROVIDED IF AWARDED ARTISTS WISH TO OFFER THEIR WORK FOR SALE. ALL ARRANGEMENTS FOR
SALES TO BE MADE BETWEEN ARTIST AND BUYER. NO PERCENTAGE TAKEN FOR ANY SALES MADE AS A RESULT OF THE ONLINE ANNEX.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/bastrop-fine-arts-guild-call-for-entries/
The Plano Art Association 125 Show is an annual event, held at THE ARTS gallery in Plano, the Collin County College Arts Department gallery.
Open to all artists who live within 125 miles of Plano, TX, it is a non-thematic juried show that exhibits the best of the artistic talent in the Metroplex area in a professionally run gallery setting.
*Artists should note that, as this is a juried exhibit, submitting an entry to the show doesn’t guarantee acceptance into the exhibit, and fees are non-refundable.*
|Entries this year are through the CallForEntry online site, which is an established way for artists to upload their images once, and be able to apply for many national and international calls. It is an industry standard, and it is free for artists.
Each artist will need to create an account with CallForEntries (which is free)
in order to apply to the call
This year, the show will be juried by
Artist Midge Lynn
Midge Lynn received her Master of Fine Arts degree from Otis Art Institute. She is well known for her service as President of the Board of Directors of the Los Angeles Art Association/Gallery 825. She has recently exhibited her works at Haley-Henman, Janette Kennedy Gallery, Lois Lambert Gallery in Santa Monica, and the McKinney Avenue Contemporary (MAC in Dallas).
She is now a Dallas resident
Director and President John Marcucci
of Haley-Henman Gallery in Dallas
Director and President of Haley-Henman Gallery LLC, providing contemporary fine art services since 2007. Haley-Henman presents emerging and experienced regional artists of different media, celebrating our multicultural diversity and promoting a dialogue among artists and collectors. During the eight years of business, Haley-Henman has exhibited the works of over a hundred artists. Haley-Henman works with other galleries and institutions to support and encourage our artistic communities. A juror for the Texas Visual Arts Association’s Citation 2008, the Texas Sculpture Associations Twenty-Fifth Anniversary Juried Show in 2008, and the TSA Membership Show in 2012, The Dallas Arboretum’s Spring show, and the Dallas Creative Arts Center’s first faculty exhibition, Shared Visions, in 2009. Currently, directs Gallery 422 and other art spaces in the Dallas area, and serves as an Advisory Board Member for the Dallas Creative Arts Center. September 2007 to present www.haleyhenman.com
|Categories and Awards
- 2-D Artwork (Two-Dimensional Artworks)
- 3-D Artworks (Three-Dimensional Artworks)
- Printmaking, Photography (Traditional & Digital)
Each of which will be awarded a first ($400), second ($200) and third place award ($100)
The show runs from April 28th, 2014, through May 17th, 2014, with a reception on May 8th (Thursday)
- Submission of images ~ April 4th
- Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance into show ~ April 10th or 11th
- Delivery of artworks to Gallery ~ April 16, 17 or Monday April 21st during gallery hours
- Show opens on ~ April 28th
- Reception & Awards presentation ~ May 8th from 5:30-7:30 (announcement 6:30)
- Show closes ~ May 17th
- Art pick-up ~ May 19 through Wednesday, May 21
The cost of entering is
- $25 if you are a current PAA member
- The discounted rate is available via a coupon code. If you are a current member and haven’t received the code, please email Plano Art 125 Show and request it.
- $35 for non-members.
- Open to all artists 18 and older living in the 125 mile radius around Plano.
There are three categories
- 2-D Artwork (Two-Dimensional Artworks)
- 3-D Artworks (Three-Dimensional Artworks)
- Printmaking, Photography (Traditional & Digital)
- Submitted artwork must be original, completed within the last two years without instructor supervision (for example, set assignments within a classroom are not acceptable; work that students create as personal projects without direct supervision or guidance *are* acceptable). Works that need assistance with fabrication such as ceramics in a kiln or bronze-casting are also acceptable.
- Work previously accepted into the 125 Show or THE ARTS gallery are ineligible.
- Works must not be copies of another artist’s work (including photographs).
- Reproductions of original works through computer-generated, photographic, or offset-printing are ineligible.
- PAA reserves the right to reject any work not meeting eligibility requirements or deemed inappropriate to hang in the gallery, even after the image has been accepted by jurors and work delivered to the gallery.
- Maximum frame size 50 x 50 inches in either dimension.
- A diptych or triptych must be framed in single frame or ready to hang as a group, and meet the 50 inch maximum.
- Sculpture must be no larger than 4 x 4 feet
- All wall-hanging works must be wired with screw eyes or D-rings, ready to hang, with backing. The gallery is unable to hang works with sawtooth hangers.
- Paintings with loose or damaged frames will not be accepted. Keep the frame simple and lightweight.
- Canvasses with staples visible along the sides will not be accepted; these works must be framed.
- The college has plinths available upon which to display three-dimensional works, and also a ceiling grid from which to hang works in the center of the space. Specific details can be discussed if accepted into the show.
- All sales from this show will be handled through the Plano Art Association. No commission is taken by THE ARTS gallery or the Plano Art Association; as a non-profit organization, the PAA does request a volunteer 15% donation in the event of a sale from the show. The artist is liable for arranging payment of sales tax.
- As this is a 125-Show (and artists should live within 125 miles of Plano) most of the works will be local and can be delivered in person. However, if you need to make arrangements to mail works, please contact email@example.com to make arrangements.
We are Looking forward to see your Art Work!
Plano Art Association & THE ARTS gallery, Collin College
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/paa-125-show-entries-due-april-4/
The Frisco Art Gallery is hosting an exhibition of two and three-dimensional works in a variety of media for the month of April. The catch? Each piece must be consciously constructed with materials that are reused or repurposed and/or with non-toxic, “all natural,” organic, or otherwise “green” mediums.
By March 15, submit images of your work to Director of Marketing & Exhibits, Paige Prater: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need details? Here is the call for art, entry form and release: http://www.friscodiscoverycenter.com/files/1813/9163/4432/Salvaged_Feb2014_CallforArt_EntryRelease.pdf
- Molly Kinson, M. Ed., Environmental Education Coordinator, City of Frisco, Environmental Services Department;
- Martin Back, MFA in Studio Arts, emphasizing New Media and Music, from UNT;
- Karen Dodson, BFA, California State University, local Frisco artist/muralist
- See more at: http://www.friscodiscoverycenter.com/index.php/events/salvaged-315-deadline-call-for-artists/#sthash.YvqvCGES.dpuf
- Molly Kinson, M. Ed., Environmental Education Coordinator, City of Frisco, Environmental Services Department;
- Martin Back, MFA in Studio Arts, emphasizing New Media and Music, from UNT;
- Karen Dodson, BFA, California State University, local Frisco artist/muralist
Questions? Call 972-668-5180 or email Paige: email@example.com
The Frisco Art Gallery is located at the Frisco Discovery Center, 8004 N. Dallas Pkwy, Frisco, TX, 75034, which is managed by Frisco Arts, the official art agency of the City of Frisco and a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that exists to support and promote the arts in Frisco and the greater north Texas region.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/salvaged-finalized-jury-and-call-for-art-deadline-315/
All members of the North Texas community are invited to submit artwork to the 2014 FWCAC Biennial. All artwork delivered to the FWCAC over a 3-day period is displayed on a first-come, first-served basis. Art is hung salon-style. All are eligible to enter regardless of age or experience. One original work per artist. Artwork must not exceed 36” in any direction, including framing, but excluding pedestal for 3D work. All media in 2D & 3D accepted 2D work must be suitably framed and have all hardware ready for hanging. 3D artists should bring their own pedestals. Video may be displayed if artist supplies all equipment including power cords. Total size of equipment excluding stand must not exceed 36”. Fees are $10 per person. $5 for TAC members. Artwork may be for sale but does not have to be. Artists receive 75% of sale of their artwork. Funds from exhibit will be used to support continuing exhibitions at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center.
We’re closing early today (12:30 pm Sunday) and extending the Biennial exhibit intake through Tuesday night at 9PM. If you have artwork you would like to enter, bring it in Monday (after the roads clear) or Tuesday until 9. Anyone may enter one piece, any media, as long as it is under 36″. $10/person
Art Drop-off: March 1- 3, 2014; 9 AM- 9PM extended thru March 4th
Reception: March 29, 2014; 6PM- 9PM (Spring Gallery Night)
Art Pick-up: March 30 – 31; 9Am – 7PM/9AM – 1PM
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/call-for-entries-fwcac-2014-biennial/
DALLAS, TEXAS – The Dutch Art Gallery announces an art call for submissions with the theme “The Great Outdoors” for a juried art competition for Saturday, May 17, 2014. The Gallery urges all 2D Artists to submit their best depiction of art for inclusion into the Gallery’s May, 17, 2014 Spring Show Exhibition. The Gallery invites all 2D artists regardless of where they reside to send us your best interpretation of the theme “The Great Outdoors” by depicting the physical world. Art Leagues, Local, Regional and National Memberships should forward the invitation to members to submit an original entry in oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, charcoal and/or mixed media.
ARTISTS: Please enter a maximum of three (3) art entries into this juried art show competition. Subjects that would encompass “The Great Outdoors” would include geographical matter, natural objects, wildlife, and/or natural environments on land, water and/or underwater. Give your best interpretation of the season’s theme by depicting the natural wonders of the Great Outdoors either in a scene, a great escape, an adventure, wildlife, underwater, landscape, weather, floral, exotic species, people enjoying nature, etc. Winners will receive recognition to our Gallery database, e-marketing, social media, event announcements and press release announcements. Cash prize for the top 3 winners will be announced at the Awards and Opening Reception on Saturday, May 17, 2014. Cash Prize for 3rd place will be $1000, 2nd Place $1500 and 1st Place $2000.
About The Dutch Art Gallery: Conducts monthly events, two annual juried art shows for local and national member organizations. It is our intention to showcase incredible talent and display the exceptional abilities of worldwide artists.
To enter please submit an art entry in the form below by Midnight, Wednesday, March 12, 2014 for consideration of participating in the juried art show and exhibition. Please review the following requirements to be considered in the show at: http://dutchartgallery.net/register-spring-show-2014/
10233 East Northwest Highway, Dallas, TX 75238 | PH: (214) 348-7350 | Gallery Hours Open Tuesday – Saturday 9:30am to 5:30pm
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/call-for-entries-the-great-outdoors-annual-juried-spring-show-2014-presented-by-the-dutch-art-gallery/
Society of Watercolor Artists
2014 International Juried Exhibition
Exhibition Chairs: Mary Stitt <MsMaryPS@aol.com> 817.377.8709
Bob Cook <firstname.lastname@example.org> 817.579.5550Awards: $4000 in cash and merchandise awards will be selected and given at the Juror’s discretion. Only one award is allowed per artist, with the exception of the People’s Choice Award.
Eligible Artwork: This exhibition is open to all artists at least 18 years old. Work must be primarily water media on watercolor paper or yupo, completed in the last 3 years (after March 1, 2011). Art that has previously appeared in a juried SWA exhibition is ineligible. Water media includes watercolors, acrylics, inks or gouache. Work must be original and not produced under supervision in a class or workshop. No giclees or reproductions. No nudes. All works must be available through the entire run of the show. Do not submit works for jury that might be sold before or shown elsewhere during the SWA International Juried Exhibition.
Signature Status: Members who have exhibited in five SWA Exhibitions while sustaining active membership are awarded SWA signature status and may add “SWA” with their signature. Disqualified work does not count toward signature status.
Entry Fees: SWA Members $35, Non-members $45
Electronic submission is required using CaFE’ online. Payment is part of the entry procedure.
- March 8: CD entries (online or email) due by midnight. Incomplete entries or those received after midnight are ineligible
- March 20: NOTIFICATION DATE
- April 10-16: SHIPPED PAINTINGS DUE
- April 19, Saturday: 10am-noon HAND DELIVERED WORK DUE
- April 20, Sunday: SHOW OPENS
- TBA: RECEPTION and AWARDS
- June 21, Saturday: 10am-noon PICKUP HAND-DELIVERED WORK
- June 23: SHIPPED WORKS RETURNED
- Delivery, Reception and Pickup: Atrium Gallery, 2nd floor, Central Library, 500 West Third St., Fort Worth, TX 76102-7305 (corner of Lamar and West Third St.) NOTE: Weekend parking in Fort Worth is free (meters as well as 3rd St. garage parking adjacent to library–get ticket validated at library)
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/2014-swa-international-exhibition-entries-due-mar-8/
Your Opportunity Has Arrived!! Submitt your artwork for our
2014 Annual Plano Art Association Membership Exhibit!
Prospectus is listed at planoartassociation.com
. Its as easy as clicking a button!! This years’ exhibit is chaired by John Van Ness \ Ruth Saddiqi! We look forward to your entries!
- Each person submitting an entry must be a paid up member of PAA. Membership will be verified on entry and can be renewed or begun at time of entry.
- One piece per member – every submitted piece will be shown. A $20 hanging fee will be due at dropoff.
- Plano Art Association Galllery, 1013 15th Place, Suite 105 Plano, TX 75074
- Drop Off for Artwork Tuesday March 4th 6-8PM
- Reception TBA
- Pic Up for Artwork Tuesday March 25 6-8PM
- Be sure to invite friends, family, and art supporters to join you!
- Let’s give our community something to talk about!
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/paa-members-show-entries-due-march-4/
Join the Plano Art Association at http://www.planoartassociation.com/membership-application-renewal/
For PAA Members;
It TIME for you to Summit your Artwork for the Asia Fest
the theme is CELEBRATION!!!
A big Thanks for Artist Beverly Theriault Co-chair. We appreciate all you do!
Here are the details;
The Asia Fest Art show is free to Plano Art Association Members.
All membership fees must be current or paid by check or cash the day of drop off.
Prospectus for the show for Aria Fest Art show CELEBRATION:
- Title of your piece
- Price (If you have a website you would like listed please include it)
- All submissions and jpg. must be in by March 5th, 2014 midnight!
- 2D pieces are properly wired/ready to hang
- 3D (pedestals for sculpture will be provided on a first come basis)
- Artwork Drop Off: Mon March 17th 4:00pm-6:00pm at the Courtyard theater
- Artwork Pick Up :Wed April 16th 4:00pm-6:00pm at the Courtyard theater
PAA will not be responsible for damage incurred while installing/hanging artwork. Insurance is the sole responsibility of the artist.
Submission to this exhibit allows PAA usage of images of artwork for publishing and promotion of the organization.
Artists please remember we make every effort to position your art in the best space and the best possible lighting. Please be mindful and considerate.
Many Art Greetings
Talley Williams Pres.
Plano Art Association
“Bringing a little SoHo to Plano”
214 929 9668
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/asia-fest-2014-call-for-artists/
The 50th Collin County Adult Art Show takes place at the McKinney Performing Arts Center (MPAC) Friday-Sunday, April 11-13, 2014.
Mail your completed entry by April 1, 2014 to:
The 50th Collin County Adult Art Show
The Art Club of McKinney
P.O. Box 243
McKinney, TX 75070
Bring your art to the MPAC, main floor, entrance on Kentucky Street in McKinney, April 9, 2014, between the hours of 4pm – 8pm.
WHERE WHAT WHEN
McKinney Performing Arts Center (MPAC), 111 N. Tennessee, McKinney, Texas 75069
Mail your Completed Entry Forms and check for the total entry fee (payable to The Art Club of McKinney), to: The 50th Annual Collin County Adult Art Show, The Art Club of McKinney, P.O. Box 243, McKinney, TX 75070. Deliver and pick up your artwork at the McKinney Performing Arts Center (MPAC), Main Level on Kentucky Street.
- Mail your Completed Entry Forms by April 1, 2014
- Deliver Your Art April 9, 2014 Wednesday, 4pm – 8pm
- Reception and Awards April 11, 2014 Friday, 7pm – 9pm
- Show Open to the Public April 11-13, 2014
- Friday, Noon – 9pm
- Saturday, 10am – 9pm
- Sunday, Noon – 2pm
- Pick Up Your Art April 13, 2014 Sunday, 2pm – 5pm
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/call-for-artists-50th-collin-county-adult-art-show/
This prestigious five-state competition pulls entries representative of the the best of American art! The Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Exhibition is open to all artists 18 and older living in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico and Oklahoma. Up to three works of art may be entered by an artist for an entry fee of $40 ($35 for IAA members). Approximately $8.000 in prizes! See the official Texas & Neighbors website at texasandneighbors.com. Sponsored by the Irving Art Association and the Irving Arts Center.
The deadline for the 29th Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Competition is March 1, 2014. Download the prospectus HERE. Entry this year will be ONLINE ONLY — no mailed or hand-delivered entries.
Complete details about “DRAWING ARTISTS AND NATURE TOGETHER”, a 2-day workshop, April 5th & 6th, 2014, led by TxN Juror, Julio Suarez are available here.
Signature status is extended to artists who have had their artwork on exhibit in five of our 28 shows to date. The TXN signature award allows signature designees the privilege of using the TXN acronym in their resumes and paintings along with a link from TexasandNeighbors.com website. This privilege is cumulative and retroactive.
(All events will take place at the Irving Arts Center unless otherwise noted. 3333 N. MacArthur Blvd., Irving TX 75062. Visit www.lrvingArtsCenter.com for directions.)
Entry Deadline March 1, 2014
Notification of Acceptance March 25, 2014
Juror Workshop at Jaycee Park April 5-6, 2014
Shipped paintings arrive April 14-17, 2014
Hand Deliveries & Judging April 19, 2014 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Juror Talk & Reception April 19, 2014 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Installation May 8-9, 2014
Reception & Awards Ceremony May 11, 2014 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Strike June 8, 2014 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/texas-neighbors-2014-call-for-entries/
Grand Prairie Arts Council / Grand Prairie Farmers Market Juried Art Show & Sale April 5, 2014: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm / Market Square – 120 West Main Street, Grand Prairie, 75050
The Grand Prairie’s Farmers Market is partnering with the Grand Prairie Arts Council to host the 4th Annual Juried Art show and Sale. The art will be displayed during Farmers Market on April 5, from 8 am – 1 pm. $800 in cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and Best of Show will be awarded in adult and student categories. The theme of the show is “Farmers Market” and / or “Market Square.”The show is open to middle school / high school students residing in Grand Prairie and ANY adults 18 – up. Deadline is enter is April 1st, 2014 with receipt of artwork images, entry form & fee. Entry form: GP Market-brochure-2014.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/grand-prairie-show-entries-due-april-1/
Image as Art deadline extended
|The deadline for the Arlington Museum of Art’s photo contest, the Image as Art, held in conjunction with out Ansel Adams exhibit this summer, has been extended to February 28. If you would still like to participate, visit our website for more information.
Image As Art Photo Contest
Coinciding with Ansel Adams: Masterworks, the Arlington Museum of Art is hosting the Image As Art photo contest. The theme for 2014 is the Landscape.
Images created via any form of photography will be accepted for consideration (i.e. shot on film, shot digitally, unaltered shots, alternative process, mixed media, digital manipulations, montages, photograms, etc.), so long as part of the image is photographically created. Registration form.
For the complete prospectus: http://arlingtonmuseum.org/special-events/image-as-art-photo-contest/. In addition to the cash prizes, top winners will have their work exhibited in a special “Winners Gallery” at the same time as the Ansel Adams: Masterworks exhibit which opens May 3, 2014 through August 3, 2014.
- January 31, 2014: Final Deadline for submission of Entries, Registration Form and Entry Fee
- February 28, 2014: Announcement of accepted entries
- April 26, 2014: Deadline for receipt of framed prints
- May 10, 2014: Winning images announced at the Competition Gala.
- August 3, 2014: The Ansel Adams: Masterworks exhibit and The Image As Art exhibit closes.
- August 15, 2014: Deadline for pieces not sold to be picked up or shipped.
201 West Main Street • Arlington, Texas 76010
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/image-as-art-photo-contest-deadline-jan-31/
Richardson Civic Art Society invites all area artists over 50 years of age to enter its show at the Richardson Public Library. Up to 3 pieces of 2-D art may be entered by any eligible artist. Entries should be brought to the Library on March 22 between 10:00am and 12:00pm. The show will be judged and cash prizes awarded by well-known local artist and gallery owner, Laura Moore. Entry form and details are available at www.richardson-arts.org/shows.
- Entries to be received and picked up on 2nd floor of Richardson Public Library-Civic Center Drive & Arapaho. Receiving: March 22, 2014 10:00 AM – 12:00 noon
- Awards Ceremony at 6:30 PM Tuesday April 15, 2014 in the Richardson Public Library in Richardson, Texas.
- Pick-up: April 26, 2014 10:00 AM – 12:00 noon
February 28 is the deadline for artists to enter the Richardson Civic Art Society Annual Regional Show. Open to all Texas artists, cash prizes of $6000 and merchandise awards will be made by the juror, Xiang Zhang. Art will hang at the Eisemann Center from April 29-May 28. Entry form and details are available at www.richardson-arts.org/shows
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/enter-the-rcas-50-and-regional-art-shows/
2014 TVAA Open Show
March 2-31, 2014
Reception March 2, 2-4 pm
The Texas Visual Arts Association invites all artists whether a member or not to join us for the 2014 TVAA Open Show. There is no theme for this show, and all mediums are welcome.
Curator: Diana Moya
Entry deadline: February 14
- Jpgs due to curator: February 14
- Acceptance Notifications sent: February 17
- Deliver work to Gallery: February 28 10 am – 1 pm
- Hanging: Mach 1 1 pm – 4 pm
- Gallery opens to public: March 2
- Reception: March 2 2 pm – 4 pm
- Pick up: March 31 10 am – 1 pm
TVAA Downtown Gallery
Plaza of the Americas – Suite G-207
700 N Pearl, Dallas, Texas 75201
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/tvaa-open-show-entries-due-feb-14/
They say that one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
- If you creatively reduce waste by repurposing or reusing objects or materials in your artmaking, then this show is for you!
- If you use non-toxic, all natural, good-for-the-environment, products or processes in your artmaking, then this show is also for you!
“Salvaged” is an art show that will run April 2- May 3, 2014, featuring a variety of two and three-dimensional media by artists ages 15 and up in the Frisco Art Gallery at the Frisco Discovery Center, 8004 N. Dallas Pkwy, Frisco, TX, 75034. http://www.friscodiscoverycenter.com/ Submit your entry form and jpeg images to Paige Prater, Frisco Arts Director of Marketing & Exhbits by MARCH 15: email@example.com
Questions? Email Paige or call 972-668-5180.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/salvaged-call-for-art-deadline-315/
A compulsion is a repetitive, excessive activity or mental exercise that a person performs in an attempt to avoid distress. Compulsive behavior is why we take giant steps over the sidewalk seams, because no one wants to step on a crack and break their mother’s back. A compulsion is an irresistible urge to act, often repetitive in nature, regardless of rational reason or logic.
We are searching for art entries that reflect particular compulsions, the nature of compulsive behavior, or art that may prove to be compulsive in design due to the artist’s own impulsive nature or repetitive process. To learn more about entry guidelines and deadline visit slantx.weebly.com
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/call-for-entry-compulsions/
ATTENTION! CAC Photography + Glass Department students and instructors…
The CAC would like to announce PhotoFusion, our first exhibition of the year featuring work from CAC Photography and Glass students/instructors.
We are accepting submissions through February 28th and the exhibition opens March 6th, so get those turned in. We can’t wait to see what you’ve been working on!
For questions, contact Andrea Blanco
at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (214) 320-1275.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/cac-photography-glass-exhibition/
Open call for book artists!
Library Thoughts 4 Exhibition
Deadline: March 31, 2014
Entry fee: USD 35
This year at Hegyvidek Gallery will open the Library Thoughts 4 exhibition. The exhibition curator Beata Szechy.
The exhibition scheduled from August 26 to September 6, 2014.
This exhibition is part of the AIR/HMC, Budapest, International Artists in Residency program.
For more info, application form write to: email@example.com
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/open-call-for-book-artists-library-thoughts-4-exhibition/
The annual members show of the Dallas Area Fiber Artists (DAFA) will be held March 28 – April 28, 2014 at The Point, Center for Arts and Education, C.C. Young Retirement Community, 4847 W. Lawther Drive, Dallas, TX 75214.
Juror is Teri Muse (website: www.terimuse.com). Our juror will be looking for a variety of fiber related skills and techniques including: surface design, mixed media, bead work, needlework, felting, quilting – both art and traditional, weaving, wearable art and paper arts to name a few categories.
Each entrant must be a member in good standing (dues paid in full), 30 days prior to submission of show entry forms.
Entry Fees: $10.00 for 3 pieces; $5.00 each additional piece (limit 5 pieces)
For the prospectus, see http://www.dallasfiberartists.org/shows-events/the-fine-art-of-fiber/
- February 15, 2014: Entry forms, fees and jpg images are to be submitted to the Show Chair, Sherrie Tootle, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 1, 2014: Entrants will be notified of piece(s) accepted into the show.
- March 15, 2014: Artist bio and artwork descriptions due to Show Chair.
- March 24, 2014: Deliver accepted artwork at the DAFA meeting OR plan to drop off artwork at C.C. Young on March 27 at 10:00 am.
- March 27, 2014: Show will be installed.
- March 28, 2014: Show opens.
- April 28, 2014: Closing reception at DAFA’s April meeting, 6:30 – 8:30 pm. Awards will be presented and artists will be able to take artwork home.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/the-fine-art-of-fiber-entries-due-feb-15/
The Richardson Civic Art Society presents our
2014 48th Annual Regional Juried Art Exhibition
Open to amateur and professional visual artists in Texas
Show Coordinator Rosalinda Trevino Stone 469-471-3569
JUROR: Xiang Zhang
48th ANNUAL REGIONAL ART SHOW AWARDS RECEPTION
Sunday, May 11, 2014 7pm – 9:00pm at the
Charles W. Eisemann Center , Richardson, TX 75082
Download the prospectus or enter online at http://www.richardson-arts.org/shows48thRegional.html
- February 28 Entry card, fees, and images due.(No late entries)
- March 31 Notification letters mailed.
- April 14 – 21 Shipped entries received.
- April 29 6 – 8:30 pm, hand deliver accepted entries at the Eisemann Center, 2351 Performance Drive, Richardson, TX 75082.
- May 1 – 27 Exhibition on display.
- May 11 7:00 – 9:00 pm, Awards Reception at Eisemann Center.
- May 28 4:00 – 7:00 pm, Pickup of hand delivered entries.
- June 1 – 30 Shipped art delivered.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/rcas-regional-show-entries-due-feb-28/
Trinity Arts Guild in Bedford
Information and Entry Forms are available on our website under Juried Show Prospectus
- Tues. Feb. 11 Drop off 9 am to 8 pm
- Mon. March 10 Award Presentation 7pm
- Tues. March 11 pick up 9am to noon , 4pm to 8 pm
All entries must fit into one of four challenge categories.
Permanent link to this article: http://artgroupsdfw.com/competitions-calls-for-entries/tag-winter-challenge-show-2014-entries-due-feb-11/