ELLIS COUNTY ART ASSOCIATION
Fall Membership Juried Art Show and Holiday Sale
OPENING RECEPTION – 6:00PM to 8:00PM
Saturday, November 16, 2013
Rules & General Information
Entries will be accepted as follows:
- Sunday, Nov. 10 – 1:00pm – 4:00 pm
- Monday, Nov. 11 – 10:00am – 4:00 pm
- Thursday, Nov. 12 – 10:00am – 6:00 pm
*All artwork submitted for the show may be delivered to the lower level of the Art Center during the times and dates specified.
*Sale prices must be determined and clearly noted on the registration form at this time. Artwork that is not for sale should be marked NFS in the Price $ space on the entry form.
*All Active Adult and Active Senior members of the Ellis County Art Association, (dues current for year 2013-14), are eligible to enter artwork to be judged in the show. (Will accept payment of dues at time of entry)
Reception and Awards Presentation on Saturday, November 16th, 6pm to 8pm
*Entry Fee is $5.00 per entry. Entry forms available upon check-in
*No limit to entries per category.
*Any Artwork that has won a ribbon in any prior ECAA juried show is not eligible. (Monthly Mini-Show winners ARE eligible as long as they have not won an award in a juried ECAA show.
*All entries must be original both in concept and design (not copied from other artists).
* In the event that there are too few entries in a Division, it will merge with the next Division level.
- · Note: Advanced and Intermediate Division: Entries completed during classroom sessions will be accepted PROVIDED there was no “hands-on” assistance by the teacher. Suggestions & critiques by teacher is permissible.
*Entry should have been created within the past 2 years.
*To define and level the field of competition, paintings will be accepted in 3 Divisions:
a. Division I: Professional/Accomplished– Teaches, and/ or leads workshops, Exhibits/Competes, and/or sells regularly
b. Division II: Advanced/Intermediate – Has painted 5 or more years, Exhibits, Competes, and/or sells occasionally
c. Division III:- Intermediate/Novice– Has painted less than 5 years
Each Division will be judged separately in 2 Categories:
a. Wall Art – 2-D – Paintings (all media), Photography
b. Table & Floor standing - 3-D - All media, (Sculpture, Pottery, China, Fiber, Stone, Metal)
a. Best in Show – Over all.
b. People’s Choice – Popular Vote – Over all
c. First, Second, Third, and Honorable Mention awarded in each category, WITHINeach Division.
* Artwork submitted for competition will be judged and ribbons placed by a non-member judge prior to the Saturday reception.
*No size restrictions – Artwork larger than 30” x 40” will be counted as 2 entries.
*All work must be framed “gallery quality” and wired for hanging. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS.
*Table Art: Artist is asked to provide display stand or table easel (example: China painted plates)
SALES: Artists are permitted to make sales during the show. No change in price will be allowed without the artist’s permission. Twenty-five percent (25%) of the purchase price will be retained as a donation to the Ellis County Art Association. Please take this into consideration when pricing your entry.
Exhibitor must agree to allow all entries to remain on display until December 6, 2013. Artist may remove entry(s) anytime after December 7, but we ask that you replace with another painting. In the event of a sale, the buyer has the option to remove the artwork or allow it to remain on display for the duration of the show.
- For all promotional purposes, this exhibition shall be called the Ellis County Art Association’s Fall Art Show and Holiday Sale.
- The show is not open to juniors, associates, patrons, sponsors or benefactors.
- The Fall Art Show will continue until December 21st, 2013.
Find this article and so much more on ArtNewsDFW.